All youth football player registrations must now take place within the FA Whole Game System (WGS). This is mandatory for all FA accredited leagues. There are two steps for parents/guardians to complete to enable their child to be registered to play for the club.
- Link Parent/Guardian to Player
- Provide Online Consent
Link Parent/Guardian to Player
When a youth player (U16) is first set up by the club they must be linked to a parent/guardian. We will use the email addresses you have previously provided upon joining and the system will then send you an email to initiate the process.
The process for a parent/guardian to link their account is straight forward and has three stages:
- The parent/guardian will click on the link within their parent/carer link email
- The parent/guardian will either “Sign in” if they already have an FA Account or click “Create account”
- After signing in, the parent will click “Approve” or “Reject” for the link
See full instructions at https://grassrootstechnology.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48001143358-new-parent-guardian-guidance-linking-u16-s
Provide Online Consent
Once a player and parent/guardian are linked we will then request consent in order to get proof that a player wants to play for the club.
Again the process is straight forward and has three stages:
- The parent/guardian will click on the link within their consent to play email
- The parent/guardian will sign in to their FA Account
- After signing in, the parent will click “Give Consent” or “Reject” for the link
See full instructions at https://grassrootstechnology.thefa.com/support/solutions/articles/48001178553-player-parent-guide-to-online-consent